What an exciting year for CMEE! Looking back at 2013, we welcomed almost 60,000 visitors, increased our educational programming and community partnerships, and have planned fantastic updates to the Museum.
This year, I am especially proud that:
- Over 250 local children received scholarships to visit the Museum and participate in classes and workshops free of charge.
- 16 children graduated from the CMEE Head Start preschool program with the academic and social skills needed to successfully enter Kindergarten.
- Dozens of mothers affected by domestic violence have participated in job skills training at the museum while their children played at CMEE.
- 40 families participated in CMEE’s literacy programs for Spanish-speaking families teaching language acquisition, school readiness, and parenting skills.
- Dozens of businesses joined our new Business Friend membership program.
- We launched a new capital campaign to make CMEE even better.
- And Henry the Bunny received a clean bill of health from the veterinarian, Dr. Browning!
To learn more about the work we’re doing, please check out our annual “CMEE Update.”
As CMEE grows and welcomes new families, we count on your generous support to fulfill our mission “to enrich the lives of children and families and strengthen the East End community by promoting learning through play.”
Your family knows the importance of learning through play and with your support CMEE will continue to serve the community through its interactive exhibits, performances, special events, school field trips, and more than a hundred classes and year-round workshops. If you know of a family who would benefit from our scholarship program, please call or email me at Steve@cmee.org.
The help of loyal friends like you is critical to CMEE’s success. Please make a generous donation to CMEE’s Annual Appeal and help us reach our year-end goal of $100,000!
Thank you for helping CMEE to address vital needs of families in our community!
PS: I’m very thankful to CMEE Educator, Liz Bard for sharing her perspective on how CMEE’s programs encourage interactive and collaborative learning through play.