CMEE is looking for substitute front desk visitor services personnel. As a public face of CMEE, the Visitor Services Assistant is responsible for the reception of visitors, museum access, admissions, and reservations. On occasion, s/he may also assist with birthday parties, classroom activities, and exhibit support.
- Welcome visitors and process admissions and memberships.
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls.
- Assist with reservations for programs, birthday parties, and special events.
- Promote memberships, events, and programs at the Museum.
- Respond to visitor’s inquiries and comments.
- Reset exhibit materials as needed and monitor exhibits on a regular basis, reporting items in need of repair to the Exhibits and Education Coordinator.
- Assist the Program Coordinator with ongoing programs and classes as needed.
- Assist visitors with expanding their depth of experience with various aspects of exhibits.
- Assist with support of volunteer program, including communication, support, planning and cultivation.
- Participate in special events and functions as required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Visitor Services Coordinator
Able to process information and sales quickly, accurately, and efficiently, work independently; possess excellent interpersonal skills and friendly demeanor; able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment when necessary; able to work varied hours/days, including weekends and holidays, as needed. Bachelor of Arts/Science highly desired.
Please fax resume to 631-537-2413 or email christine(at)cmee.org