Tzatziki…not only is it fun to say, but it’s fun to make! In this week’s In The Kitchen virtual cooking workshop, Chef Liz teaches how to make this staple of Middle Eastern cuisine using just a few simple ingredients and following a few simple steps!
Looking for a book to read while you enjoy your kitchen creation? Laugh along with The Seven Silly Eaters by Mary Ann Hoberman.
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp dill and/or mint
- 1/2 clove garlic (optional)
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Grate cucumber into a clean dish towel using the side of the grater with larger holes.
- Squeeze cucumber out over the sink. Water should soak the towel and drip into the sink.
- Scoop yogurt into a bowl. Add cucumber, lemon, and oil, and mix.
- Chop dill, add to yogurt mixture.
- Grate garlic using side of the grater with smallest holes and add to yogurt mixture.
- Add salt to taste.
- Let tzatziki sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Enjoy!
Have a simple and fun recipe you’d like to share? E-mail Chef Liz!