Today, we’re headed to Miss McKenna’s Country Kitchen for a classic recipe that’s as easy to make as it is delicious…deviled eggs! Perfect for picnics (or a good ol’ fashioned family Netflix binge), these tasty treats have been popular for more than 200 hundred years!
- 6 Eggs
- 1 Heaping tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely diced pickle (can be sweet or sour…you choose!)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of season salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Place eggs in cold water in a medium size pot and heat water until boiling.
- Remove pot from heat, cover, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove from water and let cool.
- Peel and slice in half lengthwise. Place yolks in separate bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and pickle to yolks. Mash, mash, mash. Mash, mash, mash. Mash, mash, mash (your booty) until everything is smooth and blended.
- Add salt, season salt, and pepper to the egg yolk/pickle mixture
- Using two spoons, gently fill egg halves with egg mixture. Sprinkle with paprika.*
- Chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Since we’re all practicing social distancing, enjoy them while watching your favorite Netflix series.
*If you wanna get extra fancy, you can use a pastry piping bag to fill the eggs.
Have a simple and fun recipe you’d like to share? E-mail Chef Liz!