Please join us for a special Art Sundae art-making workshop on Wednesday, June 23rd at 4:00 pm with artist Sanford Biggers! Children will be guided in the creation of a collage quilt square, inspired by Biggers’ public exhibition now on view at Rockefeller Center. Presented in Partnership with Art Production Fund, Fort Gansevoort and Rockefeller Center.
Ages: Parents and caregivers with kids of all ages!
Please Note: Space is limited and pre-registration is required for this workshop.
(Image credit: Gioncarlo Valentine. Courtesy of the artist.)
Those unable to attend the workshop in person can still participate at home! Simply gather the materials listed below and tune in to Rockefeller Center’s Instagram Live stream on Wednesday, June 23 at 4pm.
- Printed Collage Template (DOWNLOAD HERE)
- Any adhesive (clear tape, glue stick, Elmer’s glue, etc.)
- Your favorite collaging materials (old magazines, newspapers, photos, origami paper, etc.)
- Your favorite painting or drawing medium (watercolor, acrylic, marker, crayon, graphite, charcoal, etc)
- Please fill in the outlined shape using any combination of images, colors, patterns or collage that have special meaning to you to create your own quilt square.
- Please try not to leave any areas uncovered.
Following the workshop, children are invited to submit their collages for inclusion in a public art installation by Sanford Biggers at 10 Rockefeller Plaza. Submissions should be sent by June 28th via email or DM to email@example.com / @artproducutionfund.
The public installation will be on view from July 2 at the exterior ground floor window at 10 Rockefeller Plaza.
This workshop is presented in partnership with