It’s Teacher Appreciation Week, and this year more than ever, we really appreciate teachers.
THANK YOU to two of our favorite teachers, Ms. Kelly and Ms. Claudia, from Long Island Head Start. In addition to running their own classrooms, they facilitate our CMEE in Riverside Family Fun Nights. Each week they transform a drab conference room into a mini CMEE, packed with opportunities for creativity and laughter.
Both educators particularly enjoy spending time immersed in art projects with families. Their students and museum guests truly love Ms. Kelly and Ms. Claudia; you can tell because each week former students drop in just to say hello! What are some special memories you share with your teacher?
In honor of teachers every where, we are making Ms. Kelly’s famous simple brownie sundae!
- 1 stick melted butter
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt (leave it out if butter is salted!)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Hot fudge
- Wash your hands.
- Preheat oven to 350, and grease an 8×8 inch pan.
- Combine melted butter, cocoa, and sugar in a bowl until sugar and cocoa are completely mixed in.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla.
- Stir in the flour and salt until fully combined.
- Spread in the pan and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Cool completely and then cut.
- Add Vanilla ice cream and hot fudge to your liking…the more the merrier! We won’t tell.