We’re always looking for fun, dynamic individuals to join the CMEE team! Here are the positions we are currently looking to fill:Visitor Experience Coordinator
The Visitor Experience Coordinator oversees the day-to-day “patron-facing” operations of the Museum, including customer service and floor staff supervision. Tasked primarily with creating and maintaining a positive and enriching play experience for families, the position includes overseeing front-of-house operations, promoting and maintaining memberships and admissions, running birthday parties, and managing exhibit “play” staff.
The ideal candidate is an organized individual, fluent in Spanish and English, who has a knack for customer service, especially with young children and families, has experience supervising staff – especially early career hourly employees, is a thoughtful and diplomatic colleague, is flexible in times of great change, and understands the value of play.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Working knowledge of PCs and Microsoft Office Suite and digital communication platforms such as Zoom/Google Meets/etc.
• Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to organize tasks and time to ensure timely completion of all projects.
• Ability to successfully manage and supervise entry-level professionals and volunteers.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, and occasional evenings.
• Ability to interact comfortably with culturally and linguistically diverse students of all ages, with varying abilities.
• Ability to interact courteously and respectfully with supervisors, fellow employees, volunteers, visitors, and the general public.
Experience and Education Considerations
Ideal candidates possess:
• 4+ years of customer service experience, ideally in a setting serving families and/or young children. Experience in the hospitality, leisure, non-profit or educational sectors a plus.
• 2+ years of experience supervising staff.
• Degree in hospitality, education, communications, museum studies or another related field, or commensurate professional experience.
• Bilingual a plus, but not required.
The Visitor Experience Coordinator, reporting to the Director of Education, works across multiple departments to ensure the highest quality front-line experience for all Museum visitors while modeling exemplary customer service. The Visitor Experience Coordinator also acts as Manager on Duty on weekends and holidays,
• Supervising staff and volunteers, including hiring, onboarding, scheduling, payroll, annual and ongoing reviews, etc.
• Oversee the visitor experience at the museum, ensuring staff maintains a welcome, helpful, safe, clean and professional atmosphere.
• Manages Reservations & Membership processes including sales, registration, payment, confirmation, and participant records.
• Manages complex organizational calendar including program scheduling, room reservations, events, training sessions, and other facility impacts and ensuring that all implementation and preparation is done.
• Manage the scheduling and execution of birthday parties and private museum rentals and identify ways to enhance this area of operations.
• works interdepartmentally to complete various tasks including but not limited to: budgeting, event production, point of sales training.
• Fulfill other tasks and duties as assigned.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume as one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with “[Your Name]-Museum Experience Coordinator” in the subject line.
The Social Media and Communications Manager plays in integral role in the Museum’s online presence and electronic communications. This position ensures that information regarding Museum events, activities, and opportunities is made readily available in a timely and error free manner. In addition to taking ownership of our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), the SMCM regularly updates CMEE.org, attends Museum events, and provides feedback to increase visitor awareness and participation.
• 3+ years demonstrated experience using social media in a professional setting.
• 3+ years e-mail marketing (Constant Contact, Mailchimp, etc.).
• Intermediate knowledge of WordPress or similar CMS.
• Experience with donor/database CRM such as Salesforce, PatronManager, or Blackbaud.
• Superb writing and communications skills.
• Intermediate knowledge of photography and photo editing (video a plus).
• Bilingual a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to info@CMEE.org.
As the public face of the Children’s Museum, PLAY WORKERS are warm, friendly and welcoming to all children and families at the Museum. Play Workers are responsible for engaging in dramatic play with the children as they play through the museum, as well as resetting and restocking the exhibits throughout the day. On occasion, they assist with birthday parties, special events, and exhibition maintenance.
- Welcome visitors in a friendly, professional, and timely manner.
- Engage in play with children throughout the museum.
- Respond to visitor inquiries and comments in a professional manner.
- Maintain current knowledge of Museum programs and events to share with visitors.
- Reset, restock, and maintain the cleanliness of the museum throughout the day as needed. As well as, assisting with opening and closing procedures for the day.
- Help maintain social distancing between adult individuals within the exhibits using gentle reminders
- Frequently clean surfaces, toys, bathroom surfaces within the exhibits and museum.
- Help clean and sanitize museum experience toys (Play food, Legos, etc) on a frequent and consistent basis.
- Maintain personal health and hygiene standards set forth by the CDC: Wearing a mask, gloves, frequent hand washing, staying home if you are sick. (CMEE will provide PPE if needed)
- Help set up for birthdays, programs, and special events.
- Enforce museum safety rules and guidelines.
- Participate in special events and functions as required.
- Report any exhibit maintenance issues to the Visitor Services Coordinator/Museum Experience Coordinator.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Visitor services Coordinator and Museum Experience coordinator.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- An outgoing, positive personality and ability to connect with many people of many backgrounds.
- Creative and enthusiastic about working with young children and families.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present information to visitors.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to problem solve in-the-moment.
- Must have the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to bend, kneel, and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Bilingual/Multilingual preferred.
- Ideal for high school students.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States.
- Part time.
- Varied hours/days.
- Able to work weekends, holidays, and school breaks.
- Able to work special events
To apply, please send cover letter and resume as one PDF to email@example.com with “[Your Name]-Play Worker” in the subject line.
Reporting to the Facilities and Exhibits Coordinator, the Custodial Staff is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the Museum’s facility and grounds. In addition, s/he will work with other Custodial Team members during twice annual seasonal deep cleaning of the facility. This is a year-round, part-time position. Night and day shifts available.
- Ensuring the Museum is clean during hours of operation.
- Perform weekly cleaning tasks such as restocking cleaning supplies, sanitizing Museum props and toys, and laundering cloth materials.
- Assist in additional tasks as assigned.
- Must have prior professional cleaning experience.
- Able to follow directions and work well in a fast paced environment.
- Work weekends and some holidays, as well as one full week in September and one week in May.
- Prior commercial cleaning experience a plus, but not required. Experience working with or around children also highly desirable.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume as one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with “[Your Name]-Custodian” in the subject header.