We’re always looking for fun, dynamic individuals to join the CMEE team! Please keep checking back for new positions. They will be posted here as they become available.
CMEE is looking for a loving and energetic team member to bring the fun and share their creativity with CMEE’s Kids Club Classroom. The classroom assistant will assist the Lead Teacher implementing activities and instruction while maintaining and safe, inclusive environment for children ages 2.5-3. Organization, problem solving, and communication are essential skills necessary in this role.
The ideal candidate:
- Is familiar with the Montessori Method and open to messy, sensory play and learning activities.
- Can multitask. It is essential to maintain a clean, safe environment while addressing the needs of the children.
- Can perform daily tasks including setup and breakdown of the classroom, moving things and lifting over 15lbs, assist children in the bathroom and occasionally change their clothes in the event of an accident.
- Has basic knowledge of child development and age-appropriate milestones.
- Is self-motivated. We are looking for an energetic team member, eager to share their passion and ideas with the staff and students.
- Provides a supportive and loving environment.
- Ability to confidently communicate with staff and parents.
The Children’s Museum of the East End is looking for reliable, energetic, organized, and self-motivated individuals to join our team. As the public face of CMEE, this team member is an individual who is warm and friendly to all museum guests. The play staff member is responsible for engaging in play and executing pop up activities, as well as resetting, and restocking the museum and exhibits throughout the day. On occasion, may also assist with birthday parties, special events, and exhibit support.
Welcome visitors in a friendly, professional and timely manner.
Engage in play with children throughout the museum.
Respond to visitor inquiries and comments in a professional manner.
Maintain current knowledge of Museum programs and events to share with visitors.
Reset, restock and maintain cleanliness of the museum throughout the day as needed. As well as, assisting with opening and closing procedures for the day.
Help set up for birthdays, programs and special events.
Enforce museum safety rules and guidelines.
Participate in special events and functions as required.
Report any exhibit maintenance issues to the Visitor Services Coordinator/ Facilities and Exhibits Coordinator.
Perform additional duties as assigned by the Visitor services Coordinator and by the Director of Visitor Services.